Who is God Of Cricket and How Did He Get That Name?
Who is the God of Cricket?
The God of Cricket is Sachin Tendulkar who is famous for his cricket scores. He is a legendary cricketer with a career of 24 years! His highest scores were:
- 100 Centuries
- 34,357 Runs
- 164 Half Centuries
These were the highest scores of Sachin. No one yet has created these scores! This is the main reason why he is called “God of Cricket.”
Background Of Sachin Tendulkar
- Sachin is an Indian cricketer.
- He was born in a Maharashtrian family.
- He is also a true gentleman. Throughout his whole career, he had only one expression he knew. Smiling.
- His education was from the Kirti.M Doongursee College.
- His father is a well-known novelist, and poet, Ramesh Tendulkar.
- His mother was Rajni. She worked in insurance.
- He was born in Nirmal Nursing Home located in Dadar, Bombay.
- He was born on 24 April 1973.
- His wife is Anjali Tendulkar. His children are Sara and Arjun Tendulkar.
Why is He Called God of Cricket?
The main reason why he is called “God of Cricket” is because he is one of the top cricketers in the world. No one can beat his highest scores yet. He was not arrogant, even when he earned his fame.
Who Said that He was "God of Cricket"?
The person who first said this was a poster at one of Sachin’s games. A man brought a poster saying ” If Cricket is our religion, then Sachin is our God.” The person who said that he was “God of Cricket” was Harsha Bhogle.
When did he Earn his fame?
He earned his fame on 14th August 1990. It was when he scored his first ton in International Cricket. He was also known as “Master Blader”. His net worth in 2020 is around $120 million!
Sachin Tendulkar's Retirement
He retired on Nov 16, 2013. It was his last and 200th test match. He retired because during one of his games he had the thought of retiring and he discussed it with his friends and confirmed his retiring.
Fun Facts About Sachin.
Here are some fun facts about him:
- He is a fast and aspiring bowler.
- In 1998 he was once a substitute fielder for the Pakistani team at a practice match against India at the Brabourne Stadium.
- He loves collecting watches and perfumes.
- He was the youngest cricketer to play county cricket.
- He is known as a calm person but he used to be a bully in school.
- He went fishing for tadpoles and guppy fishes in a stream.
- He once made his mother look for a frog bhaji recipe.
- Sachin was a prankster and once put a hosepipe in Saurav Ganguly’s room and turned on the tap.
Famous Quotes on Sachin Tendulkar
There are famous quotes on Sachin. Here are some of them:
- “I don’t know cricket; I don’t know how Sachin plays. But I still try to watch him playing because I want to know why my country’s economy goes down 0.5% when he’s batting.” – Barack Obama (former US President)
- The joy he brings to the millions of his countrymen, the grace with which he handles all the adulation and the expectations and his innate humility – all make for a one-in-a-billion individual.” – Glenn McGrath, former Australian bowler.
- He’s been in form longer than some of our guys have been alive.”– Daniel Vettori, former New Zealand captain.
Sachin Tendulkar is the God of Cricket because of all the qualities he possesses as a sportsman and as an individual. He has a remarkable journey from a 16-yearold boy to the God of Cricket!