Halifax Cricket League
Who is Halifax Cricket League for?
As an avid follower of cricket, credible sources are classified as basic needs. This is where you get all verified information about your favorite bowlers, batsmen, and the game itself in general.
Halifax Cricket League has been in the spotlight for the longest time due to the crucial role it plays. This is where you get informed on all the matches that already took place as well as the ones that are yet to happen.
It is basically a combination of different cricket clubs that come together to achieve a common goal.
Rules That Govern Cricket League
Halifax Cricket League has a couple of rules that are meant to bring an air of sanity and order within the league. They are meant to shape the future of cricket and lavish fans with all the greatest highlights.
Here are some of the rules that are never made to be broken;
- It is open and accessible to ALL cricket fans. This is irrespective of factors such as age, gender, race, color, sexual orientation, as well as the social status. Everyone who is passionate about cricket and all that is related to it is most welcome.
- The league promotes cricket’s best interests above all else.
- An Annual General Meeting (AGM) is usually held with the main purpose of electing clubs that will participate in each cricket season.
- The league earns an income which is channeled towards promoting all the objectives and rules that have been agreed upon by the heads.
- In the event that the league is dissolved for some reason, debts and liabilities incurred are settled. All the properties that are of monetary value are donated towards charitable organizations rather than being distributed among members of the league. Members of the organizations are also the ones to determine which charitable organizations are the most deserving of their generosity.
As mentioned earlier, the League consists of different clubs chosen by the heads. Rules are put together to ensure equality among members as well as generally look out for the best interests of the game.
Here are some of them;
- Subscriptions of membership are sensitive matters that are only to be discussed and agreed upon at the AGMs. The fees paid by the members fall under different categories and every member must comply. Part of it goes towards funding the junior cricket league.
- All the member clubs of the league are expected to make their contributions in full and in good time. The said funds are collected by the treasure and the figures are agreed upon during one of the meetings held in the course of the year.
- Failure to pay fines within the stipulated time results in the club appearing before members of the Board.
- All member clubs are expected to ensure that their scoreboxes are well equipped. This is in terms of electricity to facilitate most of their operations such as keeping their devices charged. They’ll need tablets and phones to keep tabs on what’s happening in regards to cricket matches and the Halifax Cricket league upgraded constitutions.
- The clubs are also expected to ensure that they make a purchase of about 2 tickets at the minimum level for every event that’s been organized by the league’s executive.
- Most importantly, there’s a certain protocol to follow for any club that wishes to join the Halifax Cricket League. As such, the club in question should contact the league’s secretary who will issue them with a complete application pack. The secretary will also give additional information on further requirements needed to become a verified and active member of the league. The club must complete forms to the best of their knowledge.
- The applicants’ requirements don’t end there. The applying clubs must also submit written forms of application joined by Forms of Information that they shouldn’t submit without completing first. A long and thorough process involving inspection by the nominated Executive members.
Registration Of Players Cricket League
Becoming a full and certified player member of the Halifax Cricket League is no mean feat. However, this doesn’t mean that they are entitled to monetary gifts or income just yet.
Any serious player that wishes to be a part of the HCL must fulfill a certain set of obligations including;
- Obtain the registration forms via digital means because it saves time. Once the player is done filling the forms, they should have the secretary of the club sign it.
- To verify their membership, the player’s name is added to the players’ list of the league’s official website. A rejection of incomplete registration forms follows next.
- Players are assured of having their expenses paid when they play the role of umpire in any match that’s been organized by the league. They are also assured of payment when they play such roles as; scorers, honorary member, and ground maintenance worker. The bar person also makes it to this list only when their club is not the one funding the match.
- Overseas players are only considered for a registration when their physical address is the United Kingdom for an indisputable period of about 12 months consistently. The second option is to be a non-resident of the UK to whom the UK Visas and Migration Authority grants an Indefinite Leave Remain (ILR). The essence of this grant is to enable the player to go on with their operations around the UK without being limited to only a few.
- Members of the junior cricket league should not be allowed to play in the senior cricket league under any circumstances. Instead, they should be allocated a slot at their respective league. To be more specific, children under the age of 11 years are an exception to this role only when their performance is vetted and found to be impressive by the managers of the league. Another exception is when their parents consent to this move and put it down in writing.
- Players of older age categories between 12 and 18 can play in the senior cricket league only when they get a parental consent, and follow the rules such as wearing protective gear when going out to play.